massiveattack.co.uk

Official Massive Attack Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: HERE COMES CHRISTMAS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:23 am 

DECEMBER HAS BEEN HARD.
MY FATHER IS STILL IN HOSPITAL AND MY MUM, MY SISTER AND I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AFTER HIS/OUR COLLECTIVE LIVES,SPIRITS AND WELL BEINGS.
IN THE BACKGROUND, NEIL AND I HAVE BEEN RECORDING LOADS OF SONGS/VOCALS AND I DID SOME NEW GRAPHIC/PAINTED WORK FOR SANTA'S GHETTO IN SOHO. IN TRUE ESCAPIST NEED,MAYBE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG WHILE,WITHOUT ANY SENSE OF HEDONISM.
I'LL BE ABLE TO DELIVER SOME BIG NEWS ABOUT NEXT YEAR AND ALL OUR PLANS VERY SOON.
P AND L
D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:31 am 

Hope your Dad pulls thru.I hope that does'nt sound insinerce for a man I've never met but xmas can be a tough time with shit like that happening.My uncle(the only of my uncles on my dad's side that i get on with) died 2 years ago just before Christmas and it was hard on his family especially at that time of year.
cheers then and in case you don't post until after christmas then have a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:43 am 

Rob, take it easy man. Have a good one, all the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:48 am 

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate. Looking forward to the new music as always. Ashton Gate isn't providing me with the escapsim it usually does - that void is being filled by torrented Ice Hockey games for me. Are you thinking about doing a party for Christmas again? - Pakistani Earthquake victims need some help - it's getting cold out there now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm 

All the best to your father, and you and your family.
Glad the art can be therapuetic.
I would go nuts without music for sure, so thanks to you and fellow music creators.
You're keeping people sane everywhere. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:11 pm 

Good to hear from you Dee. Best wishes to you and the family, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to this "BIG" news..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:23 pm 

Christmas is bitter sweet for me now, my mother died just a few days after christmas three years ago. I can't say the holidays have gotten easier but I have gotten more used to it. I know that without my music, family and friends it would have been nearly impossible. My poor father still carries the pain as if it were yesterday and virtually disappears around the holidays. The only part of him taking off that gives me comfort is that his twelve string always goes along with him. There were numerous times that I had to force myself to grab that vinyl and other times that my creations were inspired by her. Some of my best mixes I really owe to her. I truly hope things turn out for the best for you. You have a couple of the best coping skills honed to a tee, music and the love of many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:32 pm 

Health’s above all. Really hope your dad recovers quickly (You resemble him so much!). Take care and remain hopeful .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:57 pm 

It is wonderful the way you keep your fans informed/involved with your forum appearances. So many artists don't :?

Good luck with everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:44 pm 

Why is it when you try to express either your understanding of situations like this, or offer words of support, it comes off as twee and insincere platitudes?

D, warmest wishes. Keeping us involved is great and you know that you have love pouring in from your fans as you go through this. Also many on this board know how difficult shit like this is made by this "jolly" (my arse) season.

I am glad you have a network of support and that you and your family are there for one another.

Hope he stablises, if not fully recovers.

All the best.

To the untold millions who feel they are insignificant: remember all it takes is one voice to break the silence, to light the fire, to show the way. You all have voices; it is your decision to remain quiet, to refuse to give voice for those who have none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:48 pm 

Azure wrote:
Why is it when you try to express either your understanding of situations like this, or offer words of support, it comes off as twee and insincere platitudes?.

Look, some of us may not be so good with words. I’m not and I know it, I could shut up and say nothing, but I need to express myself, even if I sound ridiculous, which ain’t insincere at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:57 pm 

emily wrote:
Azure wrote:
Why is it when you try to express either your understanding of situations like this, or offer words of support, it comes off as twee and insincere platitudes?.

Look, some of us may not be so good with words. I’m not and I know it, I could shut up and say nothing, but I need to express myself, even if I sound ridiculous, which ain’t insincere at all...

Jesus, God, that wasn't in repect to anyone's post!
Sorry, sometimes my English is not so good. I just meant that I was having trouble posting something, that when I read it back, sounded like I wanted it to, you know?

O, please, don't think I was in anyway thinking that people were writing silly things; in fact, the posts have been pretty great and supportive.

I didn't mean to offend, or make a generalised comment in respect to people's words of sympathy and it's implied sincerity.

Sorry to all who misunderstood. :shock:

To the untold millions who feel they are insignificant: remember all it takes is one voice to break the silence, to light the fire, to show the way. You all have voices; it is your decision to remain quiet, to refuse to give voice for those who have none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:16 pm 

A-HA. Now you’re making me feel silly, well-done! :evil: :lol:
Soz, I took it all wrong. Blame my English, not yours then… :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:23 pm 

emily wrote:
A-HA. Now you’re making me feel silly, well-done! :evil: :lol:
Soz, I took it all wrong. Blame my English, not yours then… :oops:

It's totally cool. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:58 am 

Last edited by Pee on Mon May 14, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.