massiveattack.co.uk

Official Massive Attack Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: the new democracy/days of rage
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:07 am 

'us military admits use of phosphorus/weaponized/chemicals/firestorm/landmines/daisycutters/blitz/napalm/bunkerbusters/banned/substances/abuse/torture/humiliation/agents orange-white and blue in fact do what the fuck you want and arrange an enquiry later/sometime/possiblymaybe/whatever/fogotten by our round the clock extrememakeover intelligentdesign lifestyleteam
....sorry/wrong side of bed scenario

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 am 
Yeah great loophole they found there... white phosphorus is not a chemical weapon, its an incendiary, which makes it okay...

My favourite Bush comment is 'the United States does not torture'.... the small print is omitted of course the us govt does not torture unless you happen to be on the battlefield with us or if you happen to be banged up in Guantanamo Bay or one of our domestic prisons or one of our secret CIA ones or one of our new proxy ones in Iraq...

Last edited by Ex on Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: the country in the west
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:19 am 

mr ex-apologies for slowdown-will explain

Post subject: BEST OF????? WOT??????
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:25 am 
ok

Post subject: the country in the west
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:25 am 

mr ex-apologies for slowdown-will explain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:13 pm 

¿ Drukqs

Post subject: Re: BEST OF????? WOT??????
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:58 pm 

Ex wrote:
ok

HAHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:42 pm 

the big question is wat can we do? i am being serious aswell i want to do something to stop all this shite, actually scrath that there are biggers problems to solve, for instance the congo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:20 pm 

well -

Bush's ratings have dropped like crazy recently, and nothing's looking too positive in his camp. And there's a bill being spearheaded by Senator John McCain with explicit rules for the US to never physically torture anyone, I believe it has since been passed - and only has to be signed by Bush for it to become a law

and yea - the use of biological and chemical weapons by the us has been illegal for years now... unfortunately, there's always going to be some people trying to get away with it

and you also have to remember that other countries still use those methods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:53 am 

HAHAHA, Robert Del Naja is not able to post anyting in Non-MA Forum. It would be contradictive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw.: Hey Robert have you seen my Videos? :roll:

(I stil cant belive he's replying messages)

Post subject: Dispatches
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:02 pm 

Channel four dispatches for the last three nights this week on Iraq has been interesting.
the one last night about the kidnapping of people and torture.
the role of the British secret service. also the Independent or Guardian headlines over the last couple of days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:35 pm 

well its good Mr Dee is replying to the posts, its like his our friend or something,

US has been mass-murdering for decades - just look at the fire-bombing of cities such as Tokyo and Dresden in WW 2 which killed 100 000+

And decades later, Vietnam is still feeling effects of Agent Orange in the form of disfigurement to succeding generations

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 pm 

um... I know the US firebombed Dresden during WWII... but are you sure about Tokyo?

I am not 100% positive, but the US didn't firebomb Tokyo. And if you're referring to the use of the two atomic bombs... that's a completely different story.

While the reasons why the US dropped the bomb are a bit dubious - it still did save many lives. No - not just the lives of the US soldiers who would have been massacred landing in Japan.

and people have also forgotten to mention Persian Gulf Syndrome / Gulf War Syndrome
where even the US government denied it's existance, in the face of many ailing veterans and their disfigured children (high rates of birth defects of children who were conceived after the soldiers return)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:58 am 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tokyo_in_World_War_II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:22 pm 

From "The fog of war" with Robert S Mcnamara, former.secertary of defence for America.

ROTH: Wait a minute. Can we show it? We can show it. But OK, go ahead. Explain what we're going to see.

MCNAMARA: In one night, the start of the firebombing, the command I was with burned to death 83,000 Japanese civilians in Tokyo. That was the first of 67 raids of that kind. Is that moral? I don't think so.

ROTH: Well, let's take a look at the clip, which does reveal a lesser known part of your life, the planning of the firebombing attacks on Tokyo and the run up to two nuclear bomb drops on Japan. And Curtis LeMay, leader of the 29th Bomber Squad Command, will later be President Kennedy's military thorn when he gets to the White House.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MCNAMARA: I participated in the interrogation of the B-29 bomber crews that came back that night. A room full of crewmen and intelligence interrogators. The captain got up, a young captain, and he said, "God damn it, I'd like to know who the son-of-a-bitch was that took this magnificent airplane, designed to bomb from 23,000 feet, and he took it down to 5,000 feet and I lost my wingman. He was shot and killed."

LeMay spoke in monosyllables. I never heard him say more than two words in sequence. It was basically, "Yes," "No," "Yep." That was all he said. And LeMay was totally intolerant of criticism. He never engaged in discussion with anybody. He stood up, "Why are we here? Why are we? You lost your wingman, and it hurts me as much as it does you. I sent him there. And I've been there. I know what it is. But you lost one wingman, and we destroyed Tokyo."

50 square miles of Tokyo were burned. Tokyo was a wooden city and when we dropped these firebombs, it just burned it.