massiveattack.co.uk

Official Massive Attack Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:34 pm 

i like this title but i'm sure D finally will change for many time... about the plans for the next album just only thinking about their creative works in this days change our daily troubles and make us totally happy flying

infinite thanks D i saw your t-shirt of the Neaples soccer club for two times during your previous concert in neaples city

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:49 pm 

Nice title.

Almost Prml Scrm-ish...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:57 pm 
Ex wrote:
I wonder where Santas Ghetto will be this year, the shop front next to the EMI office is some sort of... not sure what it is really but it isn't empty

The place is called Charing X and is a mini art gallery currently so I figure it probably will be taken over again by the Banksy alliance as before come Dec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:21 pm 

no mention of G's involvement makes this all kinda bittersweet...no dubwise connection means this will probably be a lackluster release. hope to be proved wrong, but 100th doesn't bode well for the future. his input is necessary to this sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:25 am 

Call it shit if you want mate, don't hold back now :wink:

Post subject: the other history through the words of absolute strangers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:55 am 

now then now then.i don't normally post replies but the post back there is becoming slightly too typical on the forum recently.the two people currently putting all of their love into this new album are the same two people who held together the band during the mezzanine recordings and followed with 100th window in the face of total adversity and the nearly-end of the band .in the last 6 years we have recorded/used/discarded hundreds of tracks and songs-some absolute dub hip hop soul dirty guitar big beats and funky basslines.the choices we made on 100th after mez were based absolutely and simply on the principles that we have tried to stick with from blue lines-not to repeat ourselves-after mez we recorded hours of basslines and guitars and drums and discarded them for intricate layers of strings synths and electronic patterns because we wanted to do something different.from blue lines to protection and from protection to mezzanine and from mezzanine to 100th we have dissapointed and delighted people and have taken the rightious criticisms and would not have it any other way.i do not expect the response to the next album to be any different-bring it on-
we have got pile of dub tracks and hip hop grooves and classic samples and we may just stick em in the bottom drawer and lose the key and replace em with horns and blues coverd in fucked up guitar it will be new and interesting to us at least even if the rest of the world cares less-fucking love that always,
respect and peace,
D and N

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:11 am 

That's the fucking spirit Rob, that's what the Massive is all about...

http://www.myspace.com/autumnandwinter

http://www.ann-mariewhitaker.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:19 am 

AB-SOL-UTELY

thats just top class.... replying too....nice one D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:44 am 

Looking forward to the next tour and album, the 5 year wait is always worth it :wink:
Still loving each album years after release

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:47 am 

Stick to your guns Rob.Screw the NME and what they think.Is'nt that what an artist does?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:59 am 

Last edited by Pee on Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: supportive yet humorous
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:39 am 
txjaxx wrote:
no mention of G's involvement makes this all kinda bittersweet...no dubwise connection means this will probably be a lackluster release. hope to be proved wrong, but 100th doesn't bode well for the future. his input is necessary to this sound.

Is dear ol' Grantley really the saviour of Massive, jaxxo? Really? Could have a whole section on this perception couldn't we

Post subject: clear blue H2O, half full
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:11 pm 
Thankfully my posts, albeit stranger-based, were very atypical as ever.

The art should not stagnate, but ought not be overly hung up on differentness either, and be very good, to the honest ears of D and N and L, but maybe not be ultimately called "the weather underground" if they want my 10 quid and we'll all live happily ever after!

:lol:

G making some music is a nice idea but how to force him, thats the question. For tis nobler in the mind. One of the luckiest men alive that guy!

A partially lighthearted post this be. Blue Lines and Mezzanine are still available in all good music shops. Roll on number 5

Post subject: Re: the other history through the words of absolute stranger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:03 pm 

Robert Del Naja wrote:
now then now then.i don't normally post replies but the post back there is becoming slightly too typical on the forum recently.the two people currently putting all of their love into this new album are the same two people who held together the band during the mezzanine recordings and followed with 100th window in the face of total adversity and the nearly-end of the band .in the last 6 years we have recorded/used/discarded hundreds of tracks and songs-some absolute dub hip hop soul dirty guitar big beats and funky basslines.the choices we made on 100th after mez were based absolutely and simply on the principles that we have tried to stick with from blue lines-not to repeat ourselves-after mez we recorded hours of basslines and guitars and drums and discarded them for intricate layers of strings synths and electronic patterns because we wanted to do something different.from blue lines to protection and from protection to mezzanine and from mezzanine to 100th we have dissapointed and delighted people and have taken the rightious criticisms and would not have it any other way.i do not expect the response to the next album to be any different-bring it on-
we have got pile of dub tracks and hip hop grooves and classic samples and we may just stick em in the bottom drawer and lose the key and replace em with horns and blues coverd in fucked up guitar it will be new and interesting to us at least even if the rest of the world cares less-fucking love that always,
respect and peace,
D and N

i am listening to your music for almost ten years and not a single album from you have ever dissapointed me. i read lots of pseudo-academic disscusions on the topic of 'massive attack dissapointed me with their last album... or whatever' and the main impression of these talks to me was that those people were dissapoinet just cos you didnt hand them over what they were used to. like the case with mezzanine vs. 100th window. on the contrary it was this very change of your sound that kept me listening to you for so long - that every album has its own spirit different from the previous but still you can hear that its MA... :]

"So to my soul I have said, be calm, let the dark come down on you, and it will be the dark of G-d".

T.S.Eliot: Four Quartets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:00 am 

You're a stranger but you're so right :wink:

http://www.myspace.com/autumnandwinter

http://www.ann-mariewhitaker.co.uk/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next