massiveattack.co.uk

Official Massive Attack Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:04 pm 

I mean, this site used to be quite active some years ago.

I understand that internet has evolved and social sites as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc, have displaced forums like this one. But these places are different, because they are meant for the band to interact with their followers (Robert posting pictures on Facebook, the Twitter account). But there's no communication anymore between fans. I mean, yeah, we have each other facebooks, and I keep contact by mail with some of you, but my question is simple: All the chatting and communication that was going on here some years ago, where did it go? It dissapeared, or it is happening elsewhere that I'm not aware of, may be by new people, people younger with more time to spare?

Anyway, I was thinking about this and wanted to share it.

Hope everybody is OK and enjoying life. I'm in Bordeaux now, so if anyone passes by let me know and we'll have some cheese and a glass of "Saint-Emillion".

EDIT: Ok, now I'm catching up with things here and I read a post by Pee that the forum will be closed when the new MA site from Universal is online. The question stays, nonetheless.

Post subject: Re: Where is everybody?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:21 am 

I think the internet just evolved. I used to come here to talk about Massive Attack and share my life with people who shared my passion of one of my favorite bands. I used to go to another website to talk about video games; another to talk about cooking.. etc

Then everything got more centralized and less personal. I still come back here every once in a while because--even though a lot of my friends here found my on myspace, then Facebook--I agree that it's not quite the same. Now-a-days, I spend 6 hours a day on Facebook. I used to spend those 6 hours on here! It seems like it's easier to keep in touch with friends and family when you use sites like Facebook, but you lose out on all of those more personal connections.

Some of the best times of my life were spent hanging out with Astral, DubD, and IlDiavolo! And I truly miss the connection I had with the members of this forum. Facebook can't replace it. It's too personal. I hate adding people I don't know on there. But there's no one in my personal life that shares my love of MA so greatly that they dedicate multiple hours a day on a forum dedicated to the band.

I want the forums back!!! I'm glad they haven't completely gone away yet. But, as you said, no one is here anymore. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:31 pm 

Hello everyone. It's been a few years. The last time was after the Heligoland concert in Brixton. Any news of new albums etc?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:03 am 

Nothing concrete but small stuff here and there.

They have collaborated with Run The Jewels recently (and are contributing to their Meow The Jewels project as well :lol: )
There was also a tweet a week or two ago that indicated a photoshoot happened then.
https://twitter.com/paulinebriscoe1/status/572297269950746626

So who knows, they might just surprise everyone and announce a new album soon... or not.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:31 pm 

Many thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:29 am 

I'm still here- thought you lot had gone...!

Feels wrong posting in here and not doing it in this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:42 am 

Also, wrote this about the last time I saw Massive Attack- which was last September in south London...

https://antstothenational.wordpress.com ... lackheath/