massiveattack.co.uk

Official Massive Attack Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4935 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:35 am 

Samuel wrote:
OneteaminLondon wrote:
Ouch, unlucky there Samuel. Good of you to drop in by the way, Rickster's been MIA for months..

Yes, this place has less and less appeal as time goes on really.

God I hope Arsenal smash Blackburn tonight.

Me too, me and jeni are going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:30 pm 

What was Oneteam worried about? Read on for full account of Arsenal's 6-2 mauling of Blackburn and how Oneteam nearly got thrown out of the club he loves...

Was at the game yesterday, me and jeni made our debut in the lower tier just 5 seats away from the Blackburn fans (f'cking inbred northern ignoramuses) and what a belter of a game it was.

Two chances gone begging before the penalty award up the other end- David f'cking Bentley who was thereafter booed at every touch "winning" a penalty off Kolo, 1-0. Nonda takes it, despite Lehmann going the right way, he finds the corner. Blackburn's fans exploded like they'd just won the World Cup. Here we go again, I guess everyone was thinking.

This time however, Arsenal never gave Blackburn a chance to hold onto the lead, Toure down our end winning a corner. van Persie takes from the Arsenal right and his inswinger is expertly headed into the corner by Gilberto. 1-1 and everyone in block 21 makes sure that the Blackburn fans know about it. One of them takes our celebrations so personally he is ejected.

Soon after that, Cesc finds Adebayor, who flicks in Hleb, Hleb waltzes round his defender and passes the ball beyond Friedel and into the corner for 2-1.
The 4 guys behind me grab me and turn round hugging them all as the stadium explodes. A mental twenty minutes is rounded off when van Persie is put through on goal but fails to take his chance, allowing himself to be fouled and the ref who pretty much only got this one decision right in the first half points to the spot. Blackburn hold up proceedings for a while with their protests whilst the Arsenal support serenade the man who has picked the ball up and spotted it. Not Gilberto, but Emmanuel Adebayor whose movement, speed and skill is bamboozling the Blackburn defence as it has defences all month. Adebayor sends Friedel the wrong way and slides in celebration right in front of us.

Being down near the pitch was quite different from up in the upper tier, much closer to the action, close enough to smell it, but you lose the perspective and perhaps the patterns of the game. I don't know Arsène manages from pitch level!

The rest of the half really passes in a blur of speed, movement and incisive passing. Hleb should have added another but inexplicably passes across the area when clean through and it's all Arsenal. The RedSection boys "serenade" David Bentley with Arsenal reject and "Give it to Bentley" following a Bentley cock up.Though 3-1 seems comfortable, the feeling begins to grow on me that not to score the 4th could be fatal. And so it nearly proved in the seond half.

Rosicky was again desperately unlucky not to score, it was only when I saw the replay on MotD that I realised his goalbound shot had been deflected onto the bar, and Adebayor continued to cause the Blackburn defence trouble- how will Thierry get his place back?

The Blackburn fans sing songs like "Stand up if you hate the french" and Ingerluuund and I'm close enough to shout at them "Yeah you're 3-1 down England!" another Blackburn fan makes eye contact with me beckoning me as I show him 3 fingers and then 1. Before sitting down and singing "1-0 and you f'cked it up".

Then, pretty much out of the blue a great ball comes down the Blackburn right, Clichy is out of the game, the cross comes in, is headed against the bar and Nonda with his back to goal manages to hook it in. 3-2.

Now it is the Blackburn fans' time to go mental as the Arsenal fans, who had been in reasonable form, sit stunned into silence, seems the team are wobbling too as Lehmann has to make an excellent save. All of a sudden the team, who had been flaying Blackburn's defence with their intricate interplay, can't string a pass together andf the game is in the balance. The arrival of Flamini for Rosicky does little to quell the growing unease in the stadium. It is not long after this that a Blackburn fan jumping up and down like a monkey gets my attention. I make a monkey gesture at him and a steward spots it instantly. He points at me and my stomach drops- not literally. He doesn't come over so I decide I should go and talk to him and explain my actions lest I get thrown out. He is pretty reasonable, I guess, and tells me that there's no monkeys there and if I do it again I'll be thrown out. I think I might have been thrown out if there had been any black Blackburn fans in their enclosure. A lucky escape perhaps, I was a bit offended that he thought I was being rascist, but then the steward didn't know me from Adam, and bottom line, if he felt I was being rascist, I would have been out of there instantly.

Feeling slightly sheepish, I returned to my seat where the guys behind me greeted me sympathetically and as I went to sit down van Persie, who had missed about 5 chances in the match (jeni was counting) turned his defender inside out, like the monkey, or whatever it was, in The Fly and curled the ball into the opposite corner for a nerve calming 4th goal. We'd barely finished celebrating when the irrepressible Cesc found van Persie from the left, Robin, confidence restored, finished easily and all of a sudden a game we had been sweating on was over.

There was still time for Cesc to make an absolute mug- Danny Mills stylee- of Robbie Savage before cutting in and shooting, Friedel's parry running to "Goal machine" Matty Flamini who smacked the ball home for a 6th goal that in the context of the last 25 minutes was unexpected, but over the course of the match no less than we deserved. Shame one bloke left with 10 minutes left so missed all that fun.

Most of the crowd seemed to stay till the end and clap off a thrilling Arsenal performance. The boys on the pitch seemed even happier than the crowd, Paul Burrell wished us all a merry Christmas and played "Merry Christmas" by Slade as fans stayed clapping and singing determined to eke every moment of festive cheer out of a great day for the Arse. Finally we left, wishing the stewards Merry Christmas on our way and I resolved to keep any future social observations out of our wonderful new ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:28 pm 

Source: http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Story/0,1 ... 09,00.html

Chelsea buy Watford's points

Chelsea moved to the top of the Premiership table this afternoon after successfully buying Watford's points. The £14m points transfer has shocked the rest of the Premiership, as Chelsea had been written off as title contenders but, with Watford having relinquished all hope of staying in the top flight, the Blues' purchase of all their points benefits both clubs. Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon commented: "These ten points are exactly what the club needs at the moment and could be the difference that helps us retain the Premiership and promote the Chelsea brand to rabid capitalists and the morally vacant across the globe. For Watford, the money will allow them to rebuild their squad to have another go at promotion next year. It's a win-win situation" The Chelsea executive then sloped off the stage with a maniacal laugh while killing a kitten. The champions now have seventy points, four points ahead of Manchester United who are rumoured to be in negotiations with Sheffield United over acquiring some of their points in a season long loan deal. The FA were unavailable for comment regarding the legality of this move. A spokesman would say nothing more than: "They are enjoying a well earned break in the Bahamas on a yacht donated by a generous owner of one of our top clubs and are not expected back anytime soon."

Injury forces Fergie's hand

Following the worst run of injuries and accidents in the club's history, Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson is forced to strap on the boots himself. His injury worries started with the loss of Ryan Giggs in a freak chest-waxing accident. This set off a string of setbacks including Cristiano Ronaldo winking when the clock struck and having his features frozen in a painful rictus of smuggery, Alan Smith sustaining third degree chemical burns to his scalp and neck while touching up his hairdo with industrial strength bleach and Paul Scholes receiving a lifetime ban from the game for being just a bit too ginger. These were followed by several more mundane injuries and the shocking revelation that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had, for the last two seasons, been impersonated by a twelve year old girl from Essex named Leslie. With his squad down to 10 men Ferguson had no choice but to put on a replica kit (bought at full price in the Old Trafford shop) and take the field as a holding midfielder. Ferguson's plan backfired badly though as, mere minutes after taking the field, he was shown a red card for kicking referee Graham Poll. Medical staff are currently employing a crowbar and a vat of goose fat to remove Ferguson's boot from a very personal part of Poll's anatomy.

Arsenal misfire again

In an unprecedented incident, Sheffield United failed to show up for their clash with the Gunners at the Emirates stadium. Officials were at a loss concerning what action to take until Arsene Wenger turned their attention to an arcane entry in the FA's rule book. Law 14.1 sub clause 4 (1912) states: Any team that fails to show up for a match without proffering a valid and believable excuse shall not forfeit the match. Instead the game shall be played by the remaining side, thereby punishing the offending side by destroying their goal difference. While Arsenal played some scintillating football, dominating their opponents (who were stuck in a traffic jam somewhere on the M5) for most of the match, they were once again guilty of overplaying and wasting chances. After 90 minutes where the Gunners hit the upright an incredible 45 times and almost put the ball into their own net, the match ended in a disappointing 0-0 draw. Rumours abound that other teams are set to follow the Blades example and not bother showing up for games against the Gunners. Arsene Wenger had to be forcibly prevented from committing ritual suicide after the result and was placed in restraints and carted away while screaming: "Beautiful football, the Arsenal way..." repeatedly.

Curbishley, Pardew cause riot

Chaos broke out at the Valley yesterday when Alan Curbishley and Alan Pardew seemingly forgot who was managing which team in the East London derby between Charlton and West Ham. After West Ham scored the opener, Pardew celebrated like a demented drunk who has just won the lottery for a good ten seconds before realising that he was not managing the club anymore. When Darren Bent equalised ten minutes later he ran to his manager to celebrate, only to be intercepted by a clearly jubilant Curbishley. At this point huge swathes of fans added to the confusion by swapping shirts and cheering on players at random. The metropolitan police had to be called in after thousands of fans arrived at the wrong homes after the game, cueing hysterical phone calls from wives and family ranting about imposters and strange men breaking and entering. At last count police had sent several genetic samples to their forensics lab in an effort to clear up the confusion and establish the identity of large numbers of traumatised east Londoners. Police spokesman Jim Rosemount said: " It would appear that an incident of mass hysteria broke out in Charlton on Saturday, brought on by psychological trauma and the accidental ingestion of stadium quality hot-dogs on a massive scale. "We have spoken to police psychologists and there is some agreement that what happened is the result of the fickle nature of modern football and an inherent human reaction to disloyalty and general back stabbing. "

By Justin Zehmke

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:12 am 

Quote:
(who were stuck in a traffic jam somewhere on the M5)

M1, surely?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:06 pm 

quiet-riot wrote:
I went up to Liverpool for that. The fog wasn't bad at all - Sky weren't happy with it so it got cancelled. A few years back it would've been played.

Ah well, means going up in a few weeks for it - probably for the best, Adeybayor is on fire, so he might dip a bit. And Santa might land on my roof on Monday. :wink:

Very quiet about this all of a sudden.... what was the score?

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:50 am 

Hehehe, just got back matey!

Nightmare or what. Rafa would've played the proper team on the night of the fog as well, just to add insult to very painful injury.

Seriously though, respect to the Gooners, you was different class. But all this bollocks in the press about booing the team off? Nah, Liverpool players got support from the heart all night - and then the usual refrain of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' at the end, and then the Arsenal players got a very strong round of applause from the Liverpool fans. Thoroughly deserved too. The Ref got booed, as he was a twat of the highest order. Dangerous to the players and to my blood pressure :wink:

Still, glad I was on the Kop to see the worst result since 1930. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:31 pm 

Didn't watch the game, I thought you'd give us a spannering after Saturday night and it was my first 7-a-side of the year. Can't understand Benitez' logic sometimes. He's made two very bizarre substitutions over the course of the two cup ties, but I honestly believe (as much as L'pool had loads of pressure on Saturday night) that the better side won both games.

What a way for Baptista to introduce himself to english football, that free kick was quality, but it says something for how well Jeremie Aliadiere played that most Gooners I speak to say he was man of the match when Baptista got 4 goals. Whatever happens with Baptista now, he'll be remembered forever- how cool is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:02 am 

The Beast: he has real presence on the pitch. I had no doubts I was witnessing something special for the future there. Just wish it could have been the ohter way 'round.

Yep, Rafa was either trying to prove a point, or just ballsing it up big time. The thing is, Liverpool have lost Momo Sissoko long term, Luis Garcia for the rest of the season, Gonzalez and Warnock for the next few weeks at least, and Gerrard with a dead leg. All for something that was played like it was a pointless group stage match after qualifying already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:01 pm 

BTW, did hear some booing at half time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:35 am 

Yep, at the ref. He was awful. A couple of the decisions I witnessed up close made me pinch myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:04 pm 

Liverpool could well have done Man Utd a massive afvour, ah well.

Av, you got your Boro tickets yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:14 pm 

Got it this morning. You Redzzzz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:20 am 

Nice result today. This year or bust mate:

1 Scunthorpe 29 18 52
2 Bristol City 28 14 52
3 Nottm Forest 28 11 52
4 Oldham 28 21 49
5 Yeovil 28 11 48
6 Blackpool 28 13 47
7 Tranmere 29 10 46
8 Swansea 28 13 44
9 Doncaster 27 11 43
10 Carlisle 28 -5 39
11 Huddersfield 29 -7 37
12 Bradford 29 -1 36
13 Port Vale 28 -4 36
14 Crewe 28 -1 35
15 Gillingham 28 -13 35
16 Chesterfield 28 -1 34
17 Brighton 28 -7 34
18 Millwall 27 -2 33
19 Northampton 27 -6 32
20 Leyton Orient 28 -13 28
21 Bournemouth 29 -15 28
22 Cheltenham 29 -16 26
23 Rotherham 28 -3 24
24 Brentford 29 -28 22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:14 am 

I have a mate who's been saying that every year since relegation! But you're right - it really does look like it's on this season :)

That Middlesborough result yesterday is a little worrying mind.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:56 am 

They're due a pasting mate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4935 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329  Next